Instead I'm going to turn to you.
First - Watch as much of the Rally as you can. Get it while it's hot!
Restoring Honor Rally from C-Span's Video Library (transcript included)
Glenn Beck does his self-ordained zealot bit toward the end. Plenty of other pastors and preachers and Jesus songs along the way. Please - watch it. Some people are upset that C-Span broadcasted it live - gives him and his hypocrisy too much power - but if they hadn't I would only have heard about it filtered through others. You have to see it to believe it.
Can't stomach it? Then maybe we do deserve the stereotype of bleeding-heart, spineless liberal.
Second - My questions for you:
- What are YOU going to do about this Neo-Theocracy in the making?
- Where do you stand on this? Do you think the Tea Party/Theocracy Party will implode sooner than later - or explode?
- Do you think it deserves the fear & trembling visceral response that some non-believers, skeptics and progressive Christians have?
- Do you feel that this will do more to rally the troops for or against the movement?
- Is there anything We The People can do to insure Glenn Beck and the Tea Party movement remains a minor blemish and doesn't turn into a gangrene-infested sore that begs for amputation?
- He wants us to speak "The Truth." In what way can your knowledge of "Truth" counteract his understanding of "Truth." What The FUCK does "Truth" mean? I used to use it all the time as a Christian - but now -... seriously - How do you define "Truth"?
- What God/Goddess would you pick to head a Theocracy? This is inspired by an online conversation with Tyler:
i like krishna
something to do with the kama sutra makes me think we'd all have fun
Finally - Tell me - what can be done? - or am I over-reacting?